Who we are
Christ Healing Evangelical Church (USA) Inc, a non – profit religious church organization was founded on the 15th of February 1993 and was incorporated by April 15th 2003. The church was an evolution of what started as a house fellowship meeting in the rented apartment of Pastor Talabi at 5817 N. Kenmore Avenue on the North Side of the city of Chicago to encourage and strengthen fellow African and friends from different backgrounds. According to the direction and the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the leadership of Pastor Adegboyega A. Talabi, the fellowship gathered momentum with increased attendance of people of different background, and a Vision was born.
There was a spiritual yearning and the need for identity among those that were present then as the number of families grew to 15 within one month. Having received strong commitment from the people, Pastor Adegboyega A. Talabi, then organize the members who will constitute original incorporators of Christ Healing Evangelical Church (USA Inc.) in 1993.
The Church continues to grow by lips and bumps, and begins to enjoy tremendous growth in the years following. As the membership begins to grow, the church moved from the Apartment into a storefront on 2422 W. Schubert Avenue on near north side of Chicago, and there it continue to enjoy great success.
After its 10th year anniversary in 2003, the church has grown to membership in access of 200 active members including children. Therefore, there was a need for an expanded role of the church to care for the spiritual well been of membership through Christian worship, discipleship, and outreach. This necessitates a need for bigger facility, and so the church leased another facility at 2324 W. Nelson Street Chicago.
In 2002, with the collaboration of the Church leadership, and the entire members, Pastor Talabi and his wife through the leading of the Holy Spirit led the church to acquire an 8.74 Acres of Land in South Holland Illinois. Thereafter, through the commitment of its members, and the community at large that made financial sacrifice toward the construction, the Phase I of Chapel of Praise was completed and dedicated to the glory of God on June 20th, 2008
Testimonies from believer of the WORD
Over 7 year ago when we got married, I vividly remember saying during my bridal shower that I would never have a problem getting pregnant; not knowing then that getting pregnant was one thing but carrying the baby to term was something else. After twelve (12) premature pregnancies. God finally did it.
It is not over until God says it is. He never gives up on us and His timing and ours are totally different. He does not share His glory hence the failure of my trans- abdominal cerclage. He is faithful and as He answered us I pray He does the same for you.
At Chapel of Praise
Our Mission & Vision
Our Mission is to glorify God through corporate worship and personal devotion; and to obey the great commission by evangelizing, and making disciples, who will influence their community positively for Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
VISION: Under the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit, we intend to;
- Establish and plant branch churches in North America and Europe.
- Be deliberate in making disciples who in turn produces other disciples.
- Train and equip leaders for the purpose of ministry.
- Establish and organize Christian based educational system where children can grow and fulfill life’s destiny.
Statement of Beliefs
STATEMENT OF BELIEFS:
- All scriptures are inspired as originally written and therefore infallible and inherent (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet.1: 21; I Cor.2:13).
- We subscribe to its authority as final.There is one living and true God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; 2 Cor.13: 14).
- Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God born of a virgin, died on the cross and rose bodily from the dead and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father (Matt.1: 18; Matt. 28; Mk.16; I Cor.15).
- Christ will return to rapture the believers and raise the dead in Christ to take them with Him (I Tess.4: 13-18; John 14:1-3).
- Men inherited a depraved body (Sin Nature) and are lost sinners in need of salvation (Rom.3: 9-19; Eph.2: 1-3).
- God has provided salvation through the offering of His Son on the cross of Calvary allowing His blood to be shed for the atonement of our sins (Rom. 3:25; Heb.9: 22).
- Justification comes when we recognize ourselves as sinners, and put our trust in Christ as the Son of God and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. Salvation is by grace through faith plus nothing (Rom. 3:24; Eph 2:8-9).
- God gave everyone a free will to choose his or her place in eternity. Kingdom of heaven or eternity in hell is by a man’s choice. (Ezek. 18:20-26).
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit is scriptural and other tongues accompany it. The in-filling of the Holy Spirit is a continuous process throughout the lifetime of a believer, resulting in the reproduction of Christ like-character in the believer and the ennoblement to exercise spiritual gifts (I Cor.12; Acts 2:1-2; Mark 16:17). The in-dwelling occurs at salvation.
- The Bible teaches and we believes in the eternal blessedness of the saved (John.14: 14; 5:24) and the eternal punishment of the finally impenitent (Rev.20: 10; Matt.25: 46).
- The grace of God has appeared to all men and teaches us to “live soberly, righteously, and Godly and to look forward for the blessed hope of eternal life in Christ Jesus (Tit. 2: 11-13).
- We believe in the efficacy of prayer. (James 5:17)
Committed to ...
Committed to Fellowship: We will at all times commit ourselves to fellowship for the purpose of edification through worship, encouraging and providing the means to develop meaningful relationships with God and others. Sharing and caring for one another, and loving one another; warning, stimulating, and encouraging one another to love and good works. (Heb. 10:24-25; 13:1-2; Acts 2:42-47).
Committed to Worship: In every gathering we are committed to conducting meaningful, collaborative expression of worship toward God. Worship that utilizes creative, and culturally relevant means to stimulate faith, and hunger for God’s presence in a believer and seekers alike. We are committed to quality programming in our worship services for children, youths and adult in collaborative environment through prayer, contemporary worship, adoration, admonishment, singing and making melody in our hearts to the Lord and to administer the ordinances of baptism and the Lord’s supper (Heb. 13:15; Eph. 5:19; Col. 3:16; 1 Cor. 11:23-34; Matt. 28:19; Acts 2:42).
Committed to Instruction: Utilizing the five fold ministry gift, we shall be deliberate in making disciples for Christ and equipping the saints for service in the body of Christ. (Eph. 4:12). Utilizing the means of small groups, we are deliberate in discipleship and equipping saints for effective service in the body of Christ. Developing care groups to meet spiritual needs, emotional need and physical needs of people in a relevant and effective way remains our priority
Committed to Mission: We will actively participate in and support mission work both at home (USA) and abroad (Elsewhere). We shall support an effort that raises awareness and the gospel to the lost and to help meet real needs where and when the Gospel is being preached, for the purpose of world harvest. (John 4:35; Matt.9:37-38; Luke 10:2